What matters in coaching
In our work we integrate the experiences from consulting, training and coaching to a systemic process competence. Our consultants, trainers and coaches are at home in many disciplines. They are able to work simultaneously and networked on different sub-projects.
We coach individuals e.g. in questions of their own role and career development, satisfaction, motivation, dealing with others, in questions of conflict and crisis management and in change processes. In our individual coaching, coaching is about releasing a person’s potential in order to achieve maximum success. One of our tasks as coaches is to create an atmosphere in the coaching process that allows the person to see how they can effectively achieve their desired goals. One-on-one coaching is about coping with complexity, learning and achieving goals, and processing negative experiences.
We coach teams with regard to the diagnosis of their current situation, with regard to central challenges and problems, in questions of goal setting, role allocation, the management of crises and conflicts as well as changes. Through team coaching, and among other things, the improvement of the division of labor, roles and cooperation in teamwork are promoted. Trust-building processes are supported. The self-image and goal setting of a team is also an important element.
Organizational coaching is an approach and method developed by us in the systemic coaching scene.
The use of an organizational coach is an effective approach that enables companies to implement comprehensive, organizational change concerns. The coaching always takes place in direct relation to the organization. The attitude, approach and methodology is comparable to that of a coach working at the individual and team level. The difference to the individual coach or to the consultant:in has essentially to do with the attitude, the resource orientation, the approach of helping people to help themselves, the restraint, the view of the whole, the way of working, the effect on the system (degree of intervention) as well as the expectations or the requirements of the client.
Currently, all our coaching formats take place online and also on-site. In our coaching sessions we work as follows.
Our coaching collaboration:
In coaching we start a trusting, cooperative and sustainable relationship with you. Working together, we support you in discovering successful and sustainable solutions. As a coach, we offer professional advice and guidance. You can approach us as an employee in an organization or as an individual. In coaching, our goal is the further development of individual or collective learning and performance processes. In our joint work we take on the task of helping with enthusiasm, affection and commitment.
For us, the positive image of man in coaching is based on values such as autonomy, participation, independence, personal responsibility, resource orientation, lifelong learning and belief in the positive in people. In each coaching session, you choose the focus of the conversation. With coaching, we seek to uncover possibilities with you, to identify and accelerate your options for action, and to focus on your resources. The coaching partnership, which carries special responsibility, can be built on a long-term, ongoing basis. In this case, depending on your needs, we can meet regularly, every 2 weeks, once a month or quarterly, or more often if needed, to review and work together on the preparation and progress of your challenges.
Our Coaching Approach & Methods:
Our coaching approach is based on the “systemic-psychodynamic approach” as well as the ‘solution-oriented approach’. The focused conversation, different questioning techniques and role work are the core of my coaching method. As a systemic working coach we do not only look at the coachee, detached from his or her social environment, but we try to include all around interactions and conscious and unconscious influences. The entire social system in which the coachee finds him/herself, the team, organization or project, flows into the solution-oriented approach in coaching. The aim is to (re)discover and release the potential of the coachee and his or her previous positive experiences in life. Psychodynamic or analytical refers to the work with the unconscious and the psychodynamic processes (e.g. inner images, social defense, transference, counter-transference, projections) in the role, in the team, in the organization or in the project. The unconscious, simplified, stands for what we cannot see on our own. However, it controls most of our behavior. Solution-oriented coaching focuses on the positive, on the goal, on one’s own resources and on the future. This approach facilitates change in the desired direction and is also an expression of my philosophy in coaching. The conviction that the client has all the abilities within him/herself to find – with the support of the coach – the solution for his/her field of action or problem by him/herself.
Upon request, we take my coachees on a special journey. Our annual orglab is an intensive, systemic-psychodynamic system event. It is the so-called Group Relations Method, which we conduct in Germany and in other countries. This work helps our coachees, in an experiential way, to experience different systems in order to gain insights for their own role perception and design as well as to discover resources in the encounter with others.
Through the coaching method “role analysis and consultation” and through our oezpa Orglab method, unconscious processes in systems are examined, made transparent and worked on together in a goal-oriented way.
It is possible to work with analog images (e.g. rollograms) in coaching. The resulting images are freely associated and jointly interpreted in order to gain new insights. In the work with the rollogram we work on the role of the coachee. The focus can be on the role, on the team or organizational requirements or on the expectations from the personal system (own values, family, partnership, etc.).”
- The first contact begins with a non-binding get-to-know-you meeting. It serves to find out whether the chemistry between us is right and whether you can imagine working with us.
- Together we discuss what your coaching topic could or should be and what your concerns are.
- At the same time, this initial meeting will give you an impression of the way we work.
- Afterwards, you decide in peace and quiet whether you would like to work with us.
- Only then do we agree on the scope, intensity of the coaching, frequency, duration, framework, fee, dates and establish the confidential framework. This creates a reliable contract between us. We focus on your needs and wishes, topics and goals. In between, we conduct joint evaluations of the progress of our joint work.
- At the end, we determine whether the coaching will be continued, e.g. to deepen certain topics, or whether the joint process is completed. A final evaluation rounds off our joint work.
- Our coaching takes place in a protected and confidential setting that reflects trust, appreciation, partnership and respect – and also allows for laughter and humor from time to time!
- The coaching can take place in your company, online or at our premises in the former Walberberg monastery.
- We are well practiced in online coaching and use good as well as helpful tools. We introduce you to this online tool world. There will be a side learning effect, so that you will be strengthened to use the most diverse online tools in your work.
- Zusammen besprechen wir das, was Ihr Thema im Coaching sein könnte oder sollte und was Ihr Anliegen ist.
- Gleichzeitig gewinnen Sie in diesem Erstgespräch einen Eindruck von der Art und Weise, wie wir arbeiten.
- Im Anschluss entscheiden Sie in Ruhe, ob Sie eine Zusammenarbeit mit uns wünschen.
- Dann erst vereinbaren wir Umfang, Intensität des Coachings, die Frequenz, die Dauer, den Rahmen, das Honorar, die Termine und bauen den vertraulichen Rahmen auf. Damit entsteht zwischen uns ein verlässlicher Kontrakt. Dabei richten wir uns nach Ihren Bedürfnissen und Wünschen, Themen und Zielen. Zwischendurch führen wir gemeinsam Evaluationen des Fortschritts unserer gemeinsamen Arbeit durch.
- Zum Ende legen wir fest, ob das Coaching fortgesetzt wird, um z. B. bestimmte Themen zu vertiefen, oder ob der gemeinsame Prozess abgeschlossen ist. Eine Abschlussevaluation rundet unsere gemeinsame Arbeit ab.
- Unser Coaching findet in einem geschützten und vertraulichen Rahmen statt, der Vertrauen, Wertschätzung, Partnerschaft und Respekt widerspiegelt – und auch mal Lachen und Humor zulässt!
- Das Coaching kann in Ihrem Unternehmen, online oder bei uns im ehemaligen Kloster Walberberg stattfinden.
- Im online-Coaching sind wir gut geübt und nutzen dabei gute sowie hilfreiche Tools. Wir führen Sie in diese online-Toolwelt ein. Es findet damit ein nebenbei Lerneffekt statt, sodass Sie auf darin gestärkt werden, selbst die vielfältigstten online-Tools in Ihrer Arbeit zu nutzen.
Tips for individual coaching sessions:
- In this process the coach holds back in a disciplined way
- There is a complete concentration on the coachee’s concern.
- Suggestions and advice are initially withheld
- The more the coachee works independently, through the coach, the better.
- The more he or she explores his or her own situation, problem or issue with the help of the coach the better
- Discovering possible solutions by oneself is better and sustainable
- A coach will not be able to stand by the coachee permanently, therefore the coachee’s autonomy must be respected.
- Therefore it is important that the coach helps the coachee to find his/her own way.
- Own problem-solving abilities and options for action are increased by this attitude.
- In coaching, the coachee’s problem analysis and problem solving skills are enhanced
- Self-management skills are increased
- Coaching is also a qualification measure where individual learning takes place.