Large group moderation
We bring our systemic skills, acquired over many years, to large group events.
Depending on your objectives, we introduce innovative methods such as Future Conferences, Open Space, Real-Time Strategic Change or World Café events.
Our particular strengths lie in linking these methods with our implementation consultancy skills. This linking guarantees the continuation and implementation of the creative results of large group conferences.
We have learned our large group methods through working directly with the founders of these approaches.
For example with Marvin Weisbord (Future Conferences - Future Search) and Birgit Williams, a trainee of Harrison Owen (Open Space Technology).
The large group conference format Open Space is particularly well suited to bringing change processes on course and to developing positive awareness at the start of a change process.
We are able to conduct Open Space conferences worldwide, for example in Germany, China and Turkey.
oezpa has further developed the Open Space method and also employs it in the formulation of processes for enhancing efficiency. We have thus been successful in using our special Ratio-Open Space method with industrial companies to achieve the formulation of rationalization potentials in the fields of materials costs and business processes totalling multiple millions, within a three day period.
The method could have the following positive effects in your organisation:
- Instantly applicable, mental and cultural change
- Fast reactions to problems and issues
- Elimination or reconfiguration of breaks or barriers in communication through the "whole system in one room".
- Management experiences all or the majority of the organisational members
- The management gains a speedy overview of the current themes occupying the company
- Strong sense of belonging and growth in trust
- All participants are activated
- Avoidance of consumer mindsets
- Hierarchies can move freely, uninhibited by their position, and participate in dialogue due to the heterogeneous composition of the participants
"I like the philosophy of `rationalization ideas finding open space´ of oezpa. You can really have some crazy ideas, which you can check later."
Mr. Göktürk, Project Coordinator, USA
"Excellent, great atmosphere of this oezpa open space conference. It is important to have this ideas for all the factories present here and for the products. I like it. It´s open and I enjoy working with this format. It´s good to have it here in German and English. I like the rule `what ever happens is the only thing which could happen´.
Director Product Development, Spain
The Future Conference ("Future Search"developed by Marvin Weisbord) is a tried and tested means with which to involve many employees in the formulation of common goals and to achieve these for them. Representatives from all interest groups affected by the subject come together for three days.
The Future Conference is a fast and sustainable, effective instrument with which to awaken and utilise the creative potential in employees. Future Conferences activate energies simultaneously. Participants are representatives of all functions and hierarchical levels of the company. The high complexity and multiple layers of the company's reality demands "the whole system in one room". This enables the elephant to be perceived from the widest range of perspectives. Partial aspects and viewpoints are linked step-by-step within the framework of the Future Conference, to create an holistic picture.
The uppermost objective of the Future Conference lies in awakening the spirit of optimism and a strong sense of belonging, and in developing confidence in the common future. The central idea is to collect the entire system in one room in order to discuss, examine and improve it together. It is made clear here that it is not the role of the management alone to work on strategies. This form of work also relieves the management of some of its burden, because it becomes clear that the management is not the only hierarchical level required to attempt to understand and deal with future issues. Indeed, a very broad range of management and employee personnel is required to participate in the Future Conference.
The strengths of the method lie in the integration of a wide range of interest groups and the clear structure.
The RTSC process allows organisations to work on a whole host of challenges, problems and opportunities at once (e.g. strategy, planning, implementation, culture, communication and cooperation).
RTSC events run in accordance with the following principles:
- Process runs in real-time (decisions and changes are experienced on location)
- Emphasis on empowerment (strengthening the individual)
- Promotion of self-management in one's own roll
- Development of a picture of future possibilities
- "Grasping" the reality
- Developing a common knowledge base
- Creating a spirit of community
Appreciative Inquiry (AI) is a radical method which was developed in the USA in the mid eighties by David Cooperidder. Since then, this method has been utilised across the globe. It is radical because it unreservedly places the positives, the potentials, the strengths and the opportunities in the foreground.
Appreciative Inquiry is based on the assumption that the foundations for all desired change must be present in every organisation from the outset.
The focus does not lie on the deficits (problem analyses, blame casting) but instead on resource and solution orientation (What is going well? What could be improved?).
The objective of the World Café is to bring employees together in personal, open and creative discussion. This open dialogue allows employees to get to know each other better. Their relationships are improved by this exchange. The World Café method can be used with every form of gathering and is very useful if:
- A certain piece of work (e.g. vision, strategy, project concept) is to be formulated,
- An intensive exchange is to take place between lecturers and participants (input, discussion, feedback, full dialogue),
- Ideas and possible actions are to be developed,
- It is necessary to promote community spirit and strengthen existing relationships,
- The powers of innovation and idea generation of larger groups is to be utilised,
- A theme or concept is to be examined from a wide range of perspectives.